Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Time to Clean House?

    I was working my late night last night, and business was pretty slow.  A coworker came over to my department and we started chatting.  From the conversation, I could tell he was a Christian.  After a bit, he walked over to the magazines, which are on the first aisle next to my department, and glanced at the covers.  "Girls kissing girls..." he said, "that's disgusting... That's just wrong!" he said with conviction.  I agree it's wrong, but I just nodded and shrugged.  It's not my job to judge people, it's my job as a Christian to show people the love of Jesus.  We began chatting again, and he was talking about his girlfriend and when he plans to propose.  He mentioned, when he doesn't feel like driving all the way home, he just stays with her.  I was a little surprised at this, since he just told me he was a Christian.  So... it's ok to sleep with your girlfriend even though you know it is wrong, but you point the finger at gay people whom Jesus loves dearly? 
    Hey Christians?  I think it's time to clean house.  And I don't mean someone else's house.  OUR house.  How is it that we see certain sins as worse than others?  Yeah, they're sinners because of homosexuality, and I'm a sinner because I lie.  Which is worse?  Well does it matter?  Isn't one sin enough to keep us from God?  How can we point at someone's sin and make a spectacle of it, but think our sin is no big deal?  Remember when Jesus said, "You are trying to pick a speck out of your neighbor's eye, but there is a log in your own eye!  First, pull the log out of your eye, then you might see well enough to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye."  FIRST- pull the log out of your own eye.  THEN- maybe you can take the speck out of your neighbor's eye.  Let's clean our own house first, shall we?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment