Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Apartment and a Job

Before Aaron and I left for Salt Lake, I had been talking to the Lord about jobs, asking Him what job He wanted me to have.  He told me, “I have a job for you, I will give you a job.”  He implied I wouldn’t have to bust my butt, hit the ground running, that He would just give me a job.  This is hard for me.  I don’t like sitting around waiting for something to be handed to me. I am a lot like my dad, a hard worker, and I do think working hard honors God.  But sometimes God tells you to just wait.
Well we arrived in Salt Lake, and I felt I had to do something, so I went applying for some jobs I felt good about, kinda half-heartedly.  I was determined to stay away from retail, so I applied at a lot of banks, and for some nannying jobs.  I haven’t heard a word back from any of them.
Late last week, Aaron and I went out one evening.  We looked at an apartment and fell in love, drove by Ross and saw they were hiring on the way to Chick-fil-a.  I considered applying for Ross, I knew it would be an easy job for me to get, but it’s retail.  I stayed on the fence about it.
By the end of this weekend, Aaron and I both came to the conclusion that we could NOT stop thinking about the apartment we saw, and decided to just go and fill out an application to live there.  We were going to do this in faith, believing God would get me a job when I need one.  Yesterday morning I got up and started getting ready to go down to the apartment complex,  when I received a text from Aaron’s Dad.  “This is going to be a supernatural year!  Has Andrea considered working for Ross?”  He had NO idea I had been on the fence about this!  That was all the sign I needed!
I went and applied to live at the apartment and was approved!  We set our move-in date for Thursday December 13th.  Then I went and filled out an online application for Ross.  In the evening I went down to introduce myself to the Assistant Store Manager in charge of hiring.  She interviewed me right there, and as soon as my background check comes back, I start an orientation!
Later that evening, I was asking God, “Really?  Retail again?”  He said, “Yes, really.”  I told Him, “I don’t want to do retail, but Lord I’ll do it for You.  And believe me, You’re the ONLY one I’ll do it for!”  But you know, people at Ross need Jesus too!  There’s a lot of people who work at Ross and a lot of people who shop at Ross.  And isn’t that why we came here anyway?  For people?  Lord, I am most happiest when I know that I know that I know I’m where You want me, so retail or not I am so thankful to be in Your plan.  I intend to work at this job with my whole heart, with a smile on my face and a smile in my soul.  Please open my mouth to tell people about the God who loves them with an everlasting love, and about the church who will love them as You do.

No comments:

Post a Comment